Nikon 16228 ARROW ID 5000 Laser Rangefinder
The ARROW ID 5000 Laser Rangefinder is a tool that will undoubtedly be a favorite among bow hunters and archery shooters for years to come. By combining Nikon’s world-renowned optics with some of the world’s most advanced laser rangefinder technology, the new ARROW ID 5000 has been purpose-built to help ensure that arrows arrive at their intended destination. The rangefinder features Nikon’s legendary multicoated optics, waterproof/fog proof ruggedness and pocket-sized portability. The Nikon ARROW ID 5000 also features long eye relief (18.3mm), an adjustable diopter and 6x, bright, multicoated optics. A neoprene case in Realtree APG camo for the ultimate in stealth bow hunting is also included.
Nikon 16228 ARROW ID 5000 Laser Rangefinder Pros
- This range finder has great optics for the size and price. It’s two button system is easy to use after a quick glance at the manual and it seems to be very accurate.
- Great rangefinder. Hard to beat the quality for the price.
- I found this range finder to be very helpful developing my golf game. I think it works as well or better than the dedicated golf range finders, and at a better price. It has both near and distance focus modes, so you can set it to read the closest object it sees
- Really glad I got this, and am amazed my long time golfing friends don’t own one, but never hesitate to ask me to read the distance for their next shot! Works for me
- More accurate than my Leopold 1000i with DNA. I use it for 3D archery and it is spot-on on tan and black targets.
- Great range finder for bow hunting,It awesome for the price!!!
- The Nikon 16228 is one of my favorite range finders. Its size is perfect. It fits in your hand without feeling bulky.
The optics are amazingly clear. It is constantly accurate in all kinds of conditions.
- I bought this range finder to read dark colored targets for 3D archery.. Very pleased with this range finder
- Works well, for the money, does the job! Good buy. Quality product.
- Awesome rangefinder. More than adequate for what I use it for.
Nikon 16228 ARROW ID 5000 Laser Rangefinder Cons
- This is a good rangefinder the only thing I have found that would make it better is if the internal readout would light up in low light.
- It’s supposed to range targets out to 600 yds. I can’t get it to range anything past about 430 yds.
- This range finder is a POS. The process of installing the battery is just the beginning of the stupidity. This was my first purchase of a Nikon product and my last.
- The reticle does not light up, but the black is easy to see in almost all lighting situations. The furthest I’ve got it to range is 667 yards.
- So far, I’m pretty happy with this. It’s fogged up on me twice (externally) but, I live in coastal NC and everything fogs temporarily this time of year. I’ve managed to range objects up to 350+ yards away with it, though I personally only care that it works out to about 80.
- It may be me or this does not work in low light situations. If I missed something then let me know.
- I like how it fits your hand, the case is great and it is quiet. The only negative thing to me is I wish the yardage was bolder.
- does what it is intended for. Treat it like a camera and have had no problems so far. accurate, easy to use. only thing to complain about is the cameo cover. does not fit as well as it could.
- It does what it’s suppose to do.. For the most part. As others have stated it’s hard to see the display early morning and late evening. Sounds like I’m not the only one with the led illumination not working.
1st it’s in all the product summaries including on nikon ‘s website but it’s not in the manual how to switch it. I called nikon and the nice women walked me through it.
Nikon 16228 ARROW ID 5000 Laser Rangefinder scores 78% positive feedback, this can be used for hunting and golf also very good for dark colored targets for 3D archery, This is a four star product five star for archery
3D targets Get yours here
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – Laser Range Finder for Hunting with Speed, Scan and Normal measurements
- HUNTING LASER RANGEFINDER; tired of cheap rangefinders with short ranges of measurement? Our PROWILD Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced speed technology, and a durable, water resistant body!
- SPEED, SCAN and HUNT TECHNOLOGY: provides fast measurement with +/- 1 yard accuracy
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements!
- INCLUDES CASE AND LANYARD; complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including carrying pouch, Free CR2 battery, strap, microfiber cleaning cloth and quick start guide! 1 Year Warranty & TecTecTec Happy Customer Guarantee!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk!
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – Laser Range Finder for Hunting with Speed, Scan and Normal measurements Pros
- This is the first Rangefinder I’ve had that measures both distance and speed of an object. It was easy to get running, just needing batteries which it even comes with. After putting those in I was out in minutes using it to test out the measurements and the speed detection.
- It’s incredibly simple to use, having a two-button design. One is your power button, the other is for choosing which mode you want to measure in. Using the mode button you switch between measuring speed and distance
- This rangefinder is a great value. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly and accurately its readings were.This product is certainly worth every penny, and the shipping and delivery was excellent!
- This is the best range finder for the money. I opened it up and I was measuring distance in five minutes. it is clear and easy to operate with gloves on.
- This is a great rangefinder if you love hunting, and would really like a premium rangefinder the ProWild is perfect. I find the TecTecTec’s PROWILD Laser Rangefinder to be the very best so far.
- I didn’t have any problems with it at all in the cold, and it did get below freezing and worked flawlessly. I was able to get it to range out to just over 500 yards,
- I used it for about 10 hours off and on throughout the day and found it to be very reliable.
- For the price and features it can not be beat. Highly recommended on a budget. This will do for most except the very demanding like a sniper lol.
- Great range finder…exceeds the price expectation by MILES!!! Easy to use, easy to read, easy
To range, and it is spot on! Thank you for a great piece of equipment. Would purchase again.
- Will use during bow season and have been using with my practice time with no problems
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – Laser Range Finder for Hunting with Speed, Scan and Normal measurements Cons
- Worked in my neighborhood to range houses, which is not why I bought this, but failed to be usable on the mountain to range elk. May work okay for ranging under 60 yards.
- Not the best product for Golf although perfect for Hunting.
- Don’t know why but my ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – 6×24 measures 4 foot short, I found out when I wanted to see if it was doing a good job so I tape measured the same distance and the rangefinder was short.
- Product would be a 5 star if QC was better. Product came in sounding like a baby rattle. and the digital readout is 1/8 turn of level. Unit works well. Opened the unit to find a stripped screw from the case. Put back together and will use for a hunt this weekend!
- Purchased this product for my son primarily for bowhunting. Clarity was quite good and buttons were easy to operate. Unfortunately, I buy a rangefinder for accuracy. We tested it at 20 yards and it gave a 26 yard reading.works as expected, for the price.
- Has to be a bright object to range, can not range a tree or object if in a shadow, unlike bushnell’s lower end range finder. Will be returning, and buying bushnell rangefinder.
- Features and clarity were very good. I must have got a bad unit. It would not give accurate readings under 50 yards. Returned for refund. For a few dollars more I ordered a Luepold rangefinder. I would advise against buying this range finder.
- It works sometimes numbers flicker but still accurate,Battery was dead but other than that I love it so far
- It works well, but I find it hard to keep it steady on a relatively small object > 100 yds away.
- FINAL RECOMMENDATION: Save your money for a more accurate laser rangefinder. (I’ll stick with my trusty Nikon ProStaff 440.)
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder – Laser Range Finder for Hunting with Speed, Scan and Normal measurements scored 81% positive reviews out of 100 reviews, but it is hard to ignore the negatives, there were some nasty things said against it, even recommending other products.
But there were still 81% that like the TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder so it gets a four star review it is one of the cheaper models at under $140 Get yours here
Callaway Golf- Micro Prism Laser Rangefinder
- Ultra compact, lightweight (4 oz.), soft case design; Size: 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.5
- Both Laser and Prism technology integrated into one device
- Superior accuracy to +/- 1 yard; Laser and Prism range up to 300 yards
- Distance conveniently displayed via LCD screen on back of unit
- Power Pack extras include sleeve (3) of Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls, divot repair tool and extra 3V battery (2pk)
The Callaway Micro Laser Rangefinder delivers the benefits of both Laser and Prism technology within one ultra compact, lightweight device. For courses that use flagsticks with built-in reflectors, Prism mode is ideal for quickly acquiring the distance to the pin with minimal effort and a high degree of accuracy. Easily switch into Laser mode to acquire distances to other targets. For courses without flagstick reflectors simply stay in Laser mode the entire round, and engage P.A.T. (Pin Acquisition Technology) to lock onto the flag quickly and accurately.
Superior accuracy to +/- 1 yard
With a range up to 300 yards in either mode, feel confident in your yardage and take dead aim with the superior accuracy of the Callaway Micro Laser Rangefinder. Easier to use than a traditional laser, simply hold the unit out in front of you and view distance measures via the LCD display on the back.
Power Pack Value
The Callaway Micro Laser Rangefinder comes in a unique Power Pack full of value-add extras, including a Premium Carry Case w/ carabineer clip, sleeve (3) of Callaway’s award-winning Chrome Soft golf balls, brushed stainless steel Divot Repair Tool and an extra 3V battery (2pk) for even longer play. The perfect gift for any golfer!
Callaway Golf- Micro Prism Laser Rangefinder Pros
Easier To Use Than Traditional Laser
Simply hold unit out in front of you and frame your target within the aiming zone. View your distance via LCD display on back of unit.
Depending on the presence of flagstick reflectors, easily switch between Prism and Laser modes to maximize your distance needs easily, quickly and accurately to any target on the course
Easy to Read LCD Display
Easy to read the rear LCD display showing your distance to the target, whether in Prism or Laser modes. Mode indicated on screen while toggling through options. Lock onto the pin or scan the landscape to acquire distances to multiple targets, like greenside bunkers and water hazards.
Water and Fog Proof
Quality built to meet your needs no matter the conditions. Water and fog proof so you can focus on your game.
- I’ve used a number of other lasers and I have to say that I am extremely impressed by the Callaway Micro. It’s very small and picks up the pin very quickly. The prism mode makes using this device very simple. Highly recommend!
- I purchased the Micro Laser because I like the idea of a compact and lightweight unit to hold and that it offers both Laser & Prism mode. My home course has Prism Flag Sticks and it’s fast and accurate
- Great Lazer range finder! I shake, so I have not had much luck with these, but this one is easy to use and I get an accurate distance every time.
I highly recommend this one!
- I bought this as a gift for my husband. He was very happy with it and said it was exactly what he needed to perfect his game!
- Compact and very accurate, has already dropped my scores
- Very easy to use. Samm & light. Good design.
Callaway Golf- Micro Prism Laser Rangefinder Cons
- Zoom feature on the bushnell was nice compared to this one. I switched.
- It is harder to use than expected. The more I use it the easier it becomes.
- Light, easy to use, accurate. Only drawback is no rechargeable battery. Uses a disposable camera battery.
- was difficult to locate specific points for distance. Range finder works fine but not with my vision issues.
Callaway Golf- Micro Prism Laser Rangefinder scored 87% with 4 and 5 star ratings, but no one gave it under 3 stars, This is a top Rangefinder for Golf, no hunters reviewed this rangefinder, Nearly everyone that brought it was very happy with there purchase, This is highly recommended for the Golf range and comes with extras
I have no trouble giving Callaway Golf- Micro Prism Laser Rangefinder a five star rating Get yours here
Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 with Horizontal Component Distance Rangefinder RRF-101
- rubber-armored coating
- Fully multi-coated lenses are anti-reflective and provide a Brighter view
- O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris – results in waterproof performance
- Rugged design is built to handle tough situations – compact and lightweight
- Rubber armor provides a secure, non-slip grip
- Diopter adjusts for precise Focus
1000 Yard Ranging HCD Horizontal Component Distance Line of Sight mode and Scan mode Range in Yards or Meters Waterproof and Fogproof
Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 with Horizontal Component Distance Rangefinder RRF-101 Pros
- I have owned the Vortex Ranger 1000 for probably a little over 6 months and I use it regularly shooting at the range. I routinely range distances anywhere from 600-1000 yards and I haven’t had any problems.
- n my opinion, the best buy for the money compared to the competition. Light weight, one common battery (that seems to last forever?), durable, water resistant, and accurate for making adjustments to my scope.
- I chose this rangefinder over its competitors because it is the only one at this price point fitted with a tripod thread
- Great Little Range finder. Vortex is awesome.they are great i love vortex that is all i run now,Well worth the money
- This thing is awesome! The low light conditions might as well be night vision! You can see more looking through the range finder than you can with your naked eye in that last 15 critical minutes of your hunt! Great product!
- I like this rangefinder a lot. Very good quality, clear optics, solid build with rubber armor and it’s easy to use. I think it’s worth buying just for the warranty Vortex provides.
- Best range finder ever! Very easy to use and very quick to range. Not sure what the other reviews were talking about having a long time to range because this range finder is awesome! Comes with a really nice case that goes on your belt. I would recommend this product to everyone! Right out of the box I was easily able to range non reflective targets out to 900+ yards. Awesome buy!
- I love this rangefinder. Used it during my recent elk hunt and it is very accurate time after time.
- I used this for archery. Its amazing! Very clear and accurate. I really like that it displays the readings in red, it makes it quick and easy to read. It is deffinetly worth the price and with the unlimited lifetime waranty you cant go wrong.
- This is the cats meow. I purchased others that had a black display and when in dark The display was literally impossible to read. This is a bright red the cuts through the darkness and is an absolute fantastic value for the money!
Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 with Horizontal Component Distance Rangefinder RRF-101 Cons
- Not that accurate. 3 press process for a fix on target. Difficult to get a fix through bushes. Measured a target with a tape – 20 yards marked off. Shot the Vortex. It read 21 yards? Did it several times and at varying measured distances, same results. 40 yards off by 2 yards. 60 yard off by 3. Archery is difficult. You don’t want inaccuracies even at 40 yards.
- Not a fan of the red reticles. Ranging at dusk, low setting. Up in the morning sun, now a several button pushing process is required to increase the reticle intensity. It may not be an issue, if you range beforehand
- good but not in long distance. About 700 meters only not 1000 like its name.
- Just starting to use it but I didn’t seem to range well at 500 yards.
- I had to hit an object multiple times to get a read. That may be the nature of rangefinders in general, this is only my 2nd one. Vortex optics are a close price-to-quality match that the average Joe can afford. I use other vortex products as well,Works good out to 500 yards.
- Good for 500 to 600 yards.I cant get it to pick up farther then that.Range is a little shorter than expected but product works very well
- 1000??????? 550>600 mtrs consistant. 1140mtrs once would not repeat. possibly must have to use tri pod for long range as jerky holding and may not get accurate reading. Other wise I love it.
- Would not give consistent readings or range beyond 450 yards so I returned it. Leica 1000 is a far superior product,Company made it right and was very helpful.
- For the price, I expected more. It takes too long to reply with a reading and the longer ranges are not easily ranged like other units I have owned. I love the compact size, but it does have it limitations.
- Good range finder. The fact that it’s so small is great for travel/carry but also makes it a little harder to hold still when ranging further objects. Right price.
Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 with Horizontal Component Distance Rangefinder RRF-101 scored 90% 5 and 4 star reviews out of 176 customers, This is a very good rangefinder,This is by no means THE BEST rangefinder out there, but for the price it cannot be beaten, this is a five star product, A good Vortex warrenty and customer service highly recommended Get yours here
Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder, Black
- 4 X 20mm Vertical Rangefinder
- 10-yard-600-yard Range
- +/-1-yard Accuracy
- 1-button Operation
- Measures In Yards Or Meters
Know the exact distance between you and serious bragging rights
The Volt 600 is hairsplitting accuracy made simple. An in-view LCD display provides the exact distance to your target from 10 to 600 yards with the tap of a single button, while 4x magnification and bright, crystal-clear optics bring you nose to nose with your next trophy. Its efficient, compact vertical design and weather-resistant housing provide an unparalleled advantage that’s easy to carry – just be prepared to carry something much heavier on the hike back.
Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder, Black Pros
- For those on a budget, this makes an excellent choice for a laser rangefinder. I have been primarily a Leopold rangefinder and nikon rangefinder customer in the recent past.
- I golf once or twice a week all summer in Michigan and this rangefinder does a great job. No it doesn’t lock onto the pin or determine your slope and no it won’t swing the golf club for you either. If you want a distance from A to B, it’s perfect. Highly recommend.
- No frills and does exactly what it should do!!
- Great range finder for bow hunting (not to be used for long-range rifle hunting or golf
- With practice and a steady hand this range finder can be very accurate even at long distances. The Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder is more ergonomically comfortable over some older models I’ve tried.
- just what the doctor ordered, great item.Great job, thanks,This thing is a great bang for your buck. I use it on the range and the golf course.
- It’s nice to get something that works great. Thanks,Good product, worth for the price
- It’s great. I’ve used this several times out bow hunting. It hasn’t given me any problems.
- For the first time in years, I have been unable to hunt because of knee surgery. But taking it outside and messing with it, I am very pleased. The clarity and accuracy is remarkable.
- Love it! It’s light, simple to use, and surprisingly accurate. I checked some known distances at a local range it was on at 500 yards. Great deal!
Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder, Black Cons
- so yeah, mine only goes to 45 yards… tried multiple kinds of target to see if its a issue with reflectivity or something like that but nothing worked… great for the price but not so much for the use for me
- Seems very accurate, but seems to have difficulty getting a reading on 3D targets in a forest situation. I’m a new archer and have been using this in 3D competitions … it is a bit frustrating that it just does not get a reading at close rage (50 yds or less) on some targets
- I read the reviews and ordered the product. I used it once. The range finder is not for golf but for hunting and focusing on big objects like animals
- Works well up to 300 yds in the bush, you need to be pointing it at a hard reflective surface if you want to range much further than that. Kind of hard to do where I shoot in the desert.
- It fits right in the palm of your hand, real simple and easy to use. Probably smaller than I imagined but still pretty slick. I like that it had an eyelit hole for a lanyard and using the case for something else, nobody likes velcro in the woods
- wasn’t what we expected. Don’t know that it was anybodys fault but ours.
- its ok. my dad said you really get what you pay for with these things. Distance clarity is just ok.
- Device did NOT come with a 9v battery. Make sure you buy battery separately.
- Yeah, it might do a house at 600 yards, but no one buys the range houses.Good for deer size targets 200 to maybe 300 yards. that’s how it should be advertised
- Works well and at a great price. It does seem a bit fragile, there is all of no weight to it so you just feel like it will break, but it works well.
- Kind of difficult to use with gloves on, or in the cold in general. It’s accurate though, a must have for archery.
Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder, Black 79% feedbck from 210, a small compact rangefinder,
works very well good price an entry level rangefinder
This has one primary function: instantaneous distance only, as opposed to a scan feature. The response time for a reading is very accurate and fast with a couple of caveats. Targets in the shadows may not give me a reading, and neither will darker objects in shadows despite a relatively near distance. Realistically, you can expect true limits to be about half that of manufacturer specifications. The closest target that I can reasonably range is 5 yards. The furthest realistic distance was a large oak at about 300 yards. Additionally, the Region of Interest is large so objects partially covered within the rectangular reticle will not give a reading or give and errant reading.This is a 3 to 4 star product
Good price under $100,works pretty good 210 positive feedback Get yours here
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder – Waterproof Laser Range Finder Review
- LATEST 2016 TecTecTec Premium Golf Rangefinder VPRO DLX
- LONG MEASUREMENT RANGE: High Quality Laser Golf Rangefinder with Long Measurement Range (5-600 Yards).
- FLAGSEEKER Advanced PinSensor Technology for measuring overlapping subjects
- WATERPROOF Construction, High-quality 6x Monocular with Multilayer Coating for Bright, Clear Images
- FULL PACKAGE: Includes: Quality Bag, Strap and Microfiber Cloth and Battery
- Uses: They call this a GOLF rangefinder, and while that is probably the most common use I can think of several other uses!1.) Firing Range – This would really come in handy at my local firing range
3.) Hunting – How far is that deer?Tons of other uses!!!
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder – Waterproof Laser Range Finder Pros
- 1 Year Warranty + 1 Year extended Warranty
- I the Tectectec VPRO DLX has performed admirably and would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a laser rangefinder.
- Great product, we’ll built, and preforms as advertised
- Great product right out of the box. It does everything its says it does very well.
- I had no problem measuring objects at 600 plus yards away.
- This is a great Rangefinder, does the job and then some. You can’t beat the look either, matte black with gray is awesome
- Comes with a very nice zipper case and wrist strap if you need it, it does come with the proper battery and it has sleep mode
- Test: Took this out to the football field and measured goal post to goalpost (So I had an object to site on).. It measured 121 yards which is ACCURATE!! 100 yard football fields plus 10 yards for each end zone.
- Feels excellent in hand – Grippy touch and feel.. Easy to hold!!,Easy to Use – Power button and mode button is all there are!! SUPER easy to use
- 6X monocular helps you see your object much clearer.. Rather it be a deer, or the golf flag! Super easy to see
- Waterproof!,Super clear optics
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder – Waterproof Laser Range Finder Cons
- very solid, it is listed as waterproof (although I would not submerge the unit). I have golfed in the rain, and spilled a beverage or two, so water resistance does matter to me.
- when it reads correctly can be within a yard or two. However, if you do a reading at the same point three times consecutively, the yardage can vary each time by 15-20 yards.
- I’m having a little trouble with it. You have to have super steady hands to get it to work on the flag
- Works well but have difficulty hitting the pin.
- customer service was great and i had no problem getting my VPRO DLX returned and issued a full refund. this 1 star rating is for the product only. the process was a 5 star process.
TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder – Waterproof Laser Range Finder scored 92% positive feedback
with 8% negative feedback most was to do with holding the rangefinder steady, there was one person that did not like it at all, But 92% were really happy with this rangefinder so this is a five star product, customer service is very good any problems will be sorted Get yours here
Bushnell Michael Waddell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder, Realtree Xtra Camo Review
- Accuracy: +/- one yard
- Simple one-button operation
- Magnification x objective: 4x 20mm
- Weather resistant housing
- Case is included
- Simple single button operation in a compact, lightweight design
Displays exact distance to target from 10 to 600 yard with +/- one yard accuracy
Lightning fast, one-button ranging with +/- one yard accuracy.
– +/- One yard accuracy.
– Simple one-button operation.
– Lightning fast.
- Case included.
- The bone collector laser rangefinder includes an in-view LCD display that provides the exact distance to your target from 10 to 600 yards with the tap of a single button. The 4x magnification and bright, crystal-clear optics bring you nose to nose with your next trophy. Its efficient, compact, vertical design and weather-resistant housing provide an make it durable and easy to carry. Accuracy is +/- 1 yard.
Bushnell Michael Waddell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder, Realtree Xtra Camo Pros
- This rangefinder works well. I used it to check different ranges in dense woods from my hunting blind. This is important to bow hunters and anyone hunting from a blind with a short range gun. It’s a nice addition to my hunting pack
- Excellent rangefinder. Simple to use and works great. I use it for bowhunting and target shooting
- This is a great tool for hunting. Clean harvest of my Louisiana Whitetail because I knew exactly how far she was (87 yards) before I took the shot.
- It is a good rangefinder, and it is light, comfortable to hold, and accurate. While antelope hunting this year/2015, I tested it out to about 500 yrds on a structure.
- This is a great rangefinder. No problem reading the range out of the scoped area and it is quick
- Great range finder. This is the first range finder I bought, and Im very happy. I used it several times for hunting, and it works really well.
- Got it for hunting and it works great,Works as expected, easy bright display, simple operation, seems pretty accurate.
- Seems accurate, very clear and compact….Like it,Great value and size.works great. small enough to fit in my pocket..
- Amazingly responsive and quick for yardage. Perfect for hunting I am sure, but I use it for Golf and it is excellent for that
- I checked out the reviews for rangefinders and found this on the list of top 5. I just had to get it for my husband for his birthday for this fall’s hunting deer season. It has been on his “I really need it list.” It was a great price, and worth the smile on his face
Bushnell Michael Waddell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder, Realtree Xtra Camo Cons
- Works fine but worthless in lowlight and darkness, would be nice if it illuminated
- Seems to work great its just a little bigger than i expected.
- Quality case and holds up well in the field . Hard to get laser to pick up smaller trees at distances over 200 yards. Very accurate for archery shooting.Good enough for deer and such but not recommended for longer distance shooting.
- This rangefinder performs as expected and so far I have gotten accurate readings at 200 yards but have not gone outside of that. The error range so far is about +/- a yard as it said in the details and overall it’s a great rangefinder for the price just a little slower than some of the $400 ones I have used before
- Nice rangefinder. Clear and quick reading. Only negative is that it seems +/- 2 yards on a simple reading by giving different results on same distances. Otherwise nice rangefinder
- moderately effective. better ones out there; advertised range only works against a mirror, and practically useless in low light as you cannot read the LCD range display.
- Did not come with lanyard or lens cloth.
- Rangefinder feels huge and uncomfortable in hand, I have medium to large hands, not recommended otherwise ok rangefinder.
- This may be great for hunting and spotting game, but not so much for golf and spotting flags on greens. It would consistently give me yardage beyond the pin to the woods beyond, even when the crosshairs were perfectly on the flag. As a result, I returned it and purchased the V3 tour patriot package. Much happier now.
- ok for short range, easily disrupted by fog, etc. Overall you get what you pay for – I’m glad I had it vs. my own guestimating
Bushnell Michael Waddell Bone Collector Edition 4x 21mm Laser Rangefinder, Realtree Xtra Camo scores 83%
out of 300 feedback, which is very good, but the problem with this rangefinder is it struggles in low light and darkness.
Overall with 83% positive feedback this is a four star product, over 250 people were happy with there purchase
Get yours here
Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder Review
- At 3.6″x2.9″x1.5″ in size, the ACULON Rangefinder is Nikon’s most compact laser rangefinder, making it easy to take along wherever you go
- An uncluttered, easy-to-read screen displays ranges in 1-meter/yard intervals
- For fast, easy measurements, the single button operation of the ACULON rangefinder is simple to use
- The ACULON rangefinder is conveniently programmed to display the range of the furthest target among a group of targets measured
- Made with multilayer coatings to provide an even higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum
Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder Pros
- Nikon is the world leader in optics and is on the cutting edge of laser rangefinder technology.
- If smaller means better, then the ACULON Rangefinder is at the top of its class. With its ultra-compact size (3.6”x2.9”x1.5”), this new rangefinder redefines “portability” and is small enough to rival most smartphones.
- The ACULON Rangefinder has 6x magnification and a 20mm objective lens.
- Golfers, this rangefinder is EXCELLENT for golf. Do not listen to any reviews that direct you otherwise. Pins are easily accessed from beyond 200 yds and closer.
- This is a solid performer for static or moving objects. The scan and instantaneous readings are quickly rendered to the user. Excellent quality laser rangefinder.
- Awesome rangefinder…very clear, easy to adjust. I went to purchase the redfeild 600 rangefinder but this Nikon was a lot clearer and a lil bit lighter and thinner and was actually cheaper. Great product for under $200
- Compact so it doesn’t take up much room and doesn’t add much weight. I move around a lot while hunting and this does the job perfectly.
- Brief manual is clearly written and has nice pictures and diagrams. It supports four languages: English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
- Awesome rangefinder! Well worth the money. Ranged well in lower light and darker objects!
- Probably one of the best, if not the best general purpose and inexpensive laser range finders on the market and it’s a Nikon with a 2 year warranty.
- This was my first rangefinder and it has worked great for my. The simple point and shoot functions are awesome even on small deer.
Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder Cons
- For the price it works fine. I had it in the field for a week, the only issue with it was I had to take the battery out three or four times since it would suddenly stop working. The accuracy is good, but a little difficult to get a reading a couple hundred yards+ out. The lenses are higher quality than I expected for the price.
- took a bit if getting used to but could locate the pins on a golf course accurately
- It’s good for the price. It has some problems catching the pin from 150+ yards but it gets the job done
- I use this for golf It works well inside 100 yards, but with longer distances it is very tough to pick up the flag, especially if there is a hill or trees behind the green. Sometimes I’m shooting the flag for long periods of time and give up because it is just not catching it.
- Very clear viewing of target and, the yardage numbers without all the clutter . However, the only reason it did not get a 5 start is that due to the smaller size. I found it difficult to hold it steady without using the cart or a tree for steadiness. I guess it will come with more practice.
- I would go with a Bushnell after putting this one up against my sister’s range finder. This one takes an extremely steady hand to be able to shoot a flag from 175+ yards… And if there isn’t any wind…. Good luck. If you are using it for hunting or targets larger than a flagon the golf course, it would probably be fine. I’ve used on the shooting range and it does fine with targets that are 18″ x 18″ at 200 yards
- Very easy to use – does not like to be pushed beyond 400 yards
- Size is great. Good in the field. Hard to use for golf. Have to aim at bottom of pin which is not always visible.
- Great for hunting not good for golfing,a bit sensitive; also needs a fairly well-defined background
- For the price this is a pretty good rangefinder. I’m using it primarily for bow hunting and they have been a couple of times where it has difficulty reading distances but for the most part it is spot on. This should give you a more accurate shot regardless, and it is nice to have an optic with 6x zoom. Seems to work okay in low light, either at dawn or dusk.
Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder gets 86% out of nearly 500 feedback, this is excellent, This rangefinder
is for hunting, the negative feedback is all about the golf range and not hitting the flag,
This is a very good rangefinder a top product, The negatives maybe about golf but there are so many positive about using it for golf too, 86% out of 500 this is a five star product highly recommended Get yours here